Our customer enquiries report that a new part created in development can carry a cost from 500 to 2000 Euros in its lifecycle. This is the cost generated solely by the need for approvals, storage and information management, and not at all related to the part cost itself.
Due to the above, reducing part numbers is one of the most common initiatives in the manufacturing industry. At the same time business reports also show that engineers spend an average of one minute to search for a new part before they start designing.
With ModelSearch for Creo and Windchill PDMLink, PDSVision takes on the challenge to reduce part numbers at the best time possible – right when the engineer starts creating them.
- Automatic generation of a geometric footprint of all 3D models.
- Interactive similarity, geometry and hole pattern search.
- Easy access throughout the company once it has been installed.
- Extremely fast response times thanks to ”in-memory computing“ technology.
- Suitability for universal use as no PLM system customizing is necessary.
With ModelSearch’s shape based index engine the engineer receives instant feedback if there are any similar parts and can immediately avoid creation of those. This tool works within Creo but can also be implemented as a report out of Windchill or through the PDS Search Portal for other departments.
- Higher reuse of components.
- Reduce the number of components and parts.
- Reduce design time.
- Reduce production activity.